Q-Wire System (Box of 10)
The Q-Wire System, a remarkable breast localization system for marking suspect non-palpable breast lesions, consists of a preloaded thickset localization wire within a highly echogenic puncture needle, accompanied by a topical fixation clip.
When introduced into tissue, the unique tip of the localization wire forms the letter Q, which allows for optimal anchorage in breast tissue. A distal depth indicator, positioned 2 cm from the tip of the wire, indicates the precise distance from the lesion during surgery.
The system is accompanied by a fixation clip, which is used to stabilize the wire at skin level.
Advantages - Needle:
- Self-feeding hub
- Centimeter depth markings
- Extremely sharp atraumatic tip
- Highly echogenic needle tip geometry - coated for frictionless tissue penetration
Advantages - Wire:
- Thicker than standard wires reduces risk of wire transection
- Kink Resistant
- Visible in Mammography and Ultrasound
- Firm fixation in any tissue
- Depth Indicator, palpable/tactile surgeon's marker on the wire